Seeking a data geek with experience in the media industry
TVision Insights is a ‘hyper-growth’ television attention measurement company pioneering the way brands, their agencies, TV networks and OTT platforms determine the true value of their video content and advertising. The company’s core technology uses data science and motion capture technology to passively assess eyes on screen, the single most accurate way to measure person-level engagement with video content. Founded by two MIT alumni, TVision Insights is a venture-backed company headquartered in Boston, MA with offices in New York and Tokyo.
Our growth and innovation have been recognized by The New York Times, Advertising Age, AdWeek, MediaPost, and Forbes. We are musicians, marathon runners, data geeks, engineers, and lovers of all things media and technology. Join us!
We ingest hundreds of millions of rows of data per day, it is the job of the analytics team to make sense of this data. It is the Senior Data Analyst’s responsibility to develop new quantitative analysis for our clients and for use in our SaaS platform. The analyst will work with fellow teammates on the engineering, analytics and sales teams to ensure we are 1) Developing new and unique analysis, 2) Building for scale, 3) Maximizing the value our clients can derive from our data.
Primary Job Functions
- Refine existing analytical methods, develop procedures in SQL, Python and/or another package to automate analytical processes
- Create & test new algorithms for use by our clients and in our SaaS platform
- Collaborate with the marketing team to perform analysis on special events for use in major publications, sales & marketing collateral
- Collaborate with our engineering team to standardize analytical methods and improve our analytics pipeline
- Standardize analytical methods and process to further expand our SaaS offering
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to discover new and interesting ways our data can be used
- Lead client deliverables and deliver integrated insights and analyses
- Provide insights to client inquiries and deliver high level of service
Qualifications and Skills
- BS/MS in a quantitative discipline
- 2+ years of experience in an analytical position, preferably with significant exposure to media research
- Knowledge and experience performing advanced statistical analysis
- Experience with a major coding language (e.g: Python, R)
- Advanced Fluency in SQL and Excel
- Experience using a data visualization tool such as Tableau, Looker, Spotfire
- Strong presentation skills, attention to detail and communication abilities
- Passion for unique datasets and analyzing consumer behavior
- Communicate complex concepts in simple terms, interpret analysis so it can be effectively used by our clients
Communication and Culture
- Strong communications skills with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Collaborative with a passion for media research and data analysis
- Strong sense of project ownership and personal responsibility.
Employment period: Full-time, Starting immediately is preferred
Compensation: Competitive salary, Stock options, Insurance & Commuter benefits